Once you have submitted a Cultural Data Profile Survey, you can use that information for a grant application by generating a Funder Report.
Only organizations with at least one completed Cultural Data Profile Survey can run or produce a Funder Report. Please check the grant guidelines, as most grantmakers require 2 or more years' worth of data. If an organization has 3 or more years completed, the Funder Reports will include the 3 most recent fiscal years of information.
Follow these steps to run or produce a Funder Report:
- Log in to your account (da.culturaldata.org). At the top just below the the black bar that goes across your screen you should see "Funder Reports"
- Select "Funder Reports" and you will be taken to a full listing of all your organization's past grant program applications.
- To apply to a new grant program, enter the name of the grantmaker (or a partial name) in the search box and select "Find"
- A new list will appear with the available grant programs for that grantmaker and a "View" link on the right hand side.
- Basic grant requirements will appear, and an orange "Submit data" link. Select "Submit Data".
- This will produce a Funder Report and allow a grantmaker to view your data if they log onto the platform. Typically grantmakers do not look at applicant data until after the grant deadline.
- Follow the prompts; there will be three pop-up windows.
Many grantmakers require applicants to send either a digital or paper copy of the Funder Report with the rest of the application materials. Please check your grant guidelines to be sure you complete the full application process correctly.
- First it will ask what year you would like to include (select your most recent fiscal year)
- Second it will confirm with you that you are sharing fiscal year x, y and z.
- Third it will confirm that your information was shared. When your Funder Report is ready you will receive an email with a link to your report. You will also be able to access the Funder Report by clicking on the "View Historic Submissions" button on the Funder Report page.