How to Run a Funder Report from DataArts on Vimeo.
Once you have submitted a Cultural Data Profile survey, you can use that information for a grant application by generating a Funder Report. You may also choose to preview a Funder Report if you would like to view your formatted data before you are ready to share this information with your grantmaker.
Only organizations with at least one completed Cultural Data Profile survey can run or produce a Funder Report. Please check the grant guidelines, as most grantmakers require 2 or more years' worth of data. If an organization has 3 or more years completed, the Funder Report will include the 3 most recent fiscal years of information.
Follow these steps to run a Funder Report:
- From your dashboard, click on the link at the top of the page that says Funder Reports and Grants.
- Enter the name of your grantmaker in the search box and click Find. Search results will return any grant programs that are active in your region. To learn more about a grant program, click on View in the details column on the far right.
- Basic grant requirements will appear, and an orange "Submit data" link, as well as "Preview data." Select "Submit Data" if you are ready to share your data with your grantmaker, or "Preview data" if you would like to view your formatted report without sharing it with your grantmaker.
- You will see a series of pop-up windows. In the first pop-up, select the most recent year you want in the report and click Continue.
- If you chose to Preview data, you will get a pop-up confirming that your draft Funder Report is being generated.
- If you chose to Submit data, you will get a pop-up to confirm that you would like to share data with your grantmaker. Click on Submit.
- You will then see a success message confirming that your data was submitted to your grantmaker. This will start to generate your Funder Report and allow the grantmaker to view your data if they log onto the platform.
Many grantmakers require applicants to send either a digital or paper copy of the Funder Report with the rest of the application materials. Please check your grant guidelines to be sure you complete the full application process correctly.